Thursday 29 November 2007

Fighting Required in the War Room

I finally managed to complete the last couple of levels of the main campaign on Veteran difficulty (not the Epilogue) on Call of Duty 4 the other night. I had a feeling the last few levels would be extremely tough and this was certainly the case for "No fighting in the war room". Not only are the enemy crack shots, but there's plenty of places for them to wait in ambush.

The difficulty is compounded as the mission is against the clock and you won't get checkpoints if there isn't going to be enough time left to complete the mission, which sometimes feels unfair but in reality is a sound game mechanic.

My patience was severely tested and if I was more easily prone to frustration I'm sure the 360 controller would now be embedded in the TV. However I did find that instead of just banging my head against a brick wall and repeating the same segment time and
time again if I made a conscious decision to leave it for another day then more likely that not I would have a breakthrough the next time I played.

There are a few more achievements I'd like to get in this game, time permitting, and I've no doubt the disc will be spinning once more in the 360 soon.

No comments: