Monday 19 November 2007

Game Update (19th November)

I finally managed to finish off Half-Life 2 over the weekend, the core game I hasten to add, not either of the episodes. As I'm not a PC gamer unfortunately I've arrived late to the party and this was the first time I've played through the game. And what a fantastic game it was, bursting at the seams with action, puzzles, story and characterisation. I'll post my thoughts on the game in due time once I've managed to write up a review but I think it's safe to say that this deserves all the plaudits it's received over the years.

I'm now taking a break from The Orange Box for a few days as I wanted to spend some more time with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I decided, maybe somewhat foolhardily, to play the single player campaign on "Veteran" difficulty and it's certainly providing a challenge. Surprisingly I've managed to make it up to the final three chapters although there are some real frustrating moments, particularly on "Safehouse", "Heat", and "One Shot, One Kill" where there are some seemingly impossible set-pieces where it feels like you have to rely on luck to get through. I've got a feeling the last few missions may be the most difficult of the bunch but I'll give them a shot.

This Friday sees the release of Mass Effect, a game I've been looking forward too since the first details and movie clips were released all those months ago. All been well I'll pick-up my copy over the weekend and immerse myself in what could potentially be a fantastic experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm playing Half-Life 2 right now and really enjoying it. That gravity gun with the saw blades is a ton of fun.