Wednesday 30 January 2008

The Quest Goes On

Following on from my deliberation whether to play an existing game or start something new I decided to continue with Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords. I've been playing the game (on and off) since it was released on Xbox Live Arcade last October and I'm determined to finish it, especially as I never finished the DS version. It's certainly providing excellent value for money but I think I'm on the home stretch now as I edge towards a final confrontation with Lord Bane.

In between playing Puzzle Quest there's been a glut of new demo's to try out (impressions will follow in the near future), the occasional game of Catan and a co-op session of Undertow.

Rez: HD was released today and immediately made a good impression persuading me to shell out for the full version. The game also suits my current preference for quality games that can be played in small bite sized chunks. I'm in no doubt that I'll be playing more of this game in the days ahead.

On another note, Consolation Prize has been going for a few months now and I thought it was about time I performed some general maintenance. I've finally managed to add an "archives" section to the sidebar and customised the monthly results page to show post headers by date rather than the full post details. Hopefully my tinkering hasn't caused too many problems.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The screenshots of Rex HD put me off, but I'll have to check out the trial. I need something I can play in short bursts right now since I'm working through Mass Effect and I don't want to play it for just 20 or 30 minutes.

QuizzicalDemon said...

I'd definitely give the trial of Rez HD a go at the very least. I've more or less played through the game now and I've loved every minute. It's a great diversionary game while slogging through something like Mass Effect.